Atticus Joins the Battle at Trafalgar Square
Atticus Digital was honoured to be selected to showcase the great creativity of Wales on St David's Day as part of Wales Week in London. We had to battle through the snow to get there but it was well worthwhile.
Behind the scenes - Wales Week In London 2018
Wales Week in London 2018 - Martin McCabe
The publicity stunt, developed by Golley Slater, involved building a ‘Fifth Plinth’ in Trafalgar Square and having six different creatives from Wales stand on the plinth as real-life statues, drawing a lot of attention from passersby. Atticus Digital’s Managing Director, Martin McCabe said “I felt very proud to be selected but did feel a bit of a plonker standing on the plinth wearing a VR headset. I couldn’t help thinking how embarrassed my Daughter would be if she could see me”. You can watch the video about Atticus here:
The Creators from Wales Week in London
The plinth, designed and created by Wild Creations, whose founder, Matt, was one of the six collaborators. It was great to meet the other creatives at the event.
- Jeremy Thomas, an artist, from Ebbw Vale
- Matt Wild, founder of Cardiff-based Wild Creations
- Martin McCabe, managing director of Atticus Digital
- Rachel Burgess, owner of Rachel Burgess Bridal Boutique
- Heidi-Louise Griffiths, co-founder and creative director of MAYKHER – a sustainable and ethical fashion company
- Angela Gidden, furniture and fashion designer and owner
Wales Week in London is an annual series of activities and events that celebrate and promote everything that's great about Wales.
Through a calendar of events around St David's Day, which galvanises existing Welsh communities in London, Wales Week in London builds a positive momentum across the capital that is distinctly about Wales.